Il Marzocco

Toscana I.G.T. Chardonnay 2021

In 1987, our winery was the first in Tuscany to produce a barrel-aged white wine, with grapes cultivated in Cortona’s foothills. Today the wine continues to be a trend leader with its vinification in a concrete egg, a terracotta jar and oak barrels. An elegant dynamic wine, it owes its name to a stone lion, symbol of wisdom and strength, which can be found in front of Palazzo Avignonesi in Montepulciano.

An elegant, dynamic and profound wine, Marzocco will enchant you with its explosive notes of fresh flowers such as acacia and ripe pineapple accompanied by intriguing nuances of vanilla. The palate is sumptuous and creamy with notes of elderflower, apricot and honey. The mouth is delighted by a vibrant, mineral finish.


100% Chardonnay


From August 20th to 26th


Fermentation using the pied de cuve technique, harvested one week before the rest of the grapes. Once alcoholic fermentation started, 60% of the must was transferred into French oak barrels. The other 40% was transferred to a concrete egg where it also completed its maturation.


6 months on fine lees and at least 2 months in bottle


2020: 90 pts James Suckling